William Fox-Pitt Leads after Day 1 of Barbury International
William Fox-Pitt (GBR) riding Clifton Signature leads the CIC*** dressage after the first day of competition at the St. James’s Place Barbury International Horse Trials.
Fox-Pitt, who recently took over the ride on Clifton Signature from Jonathan Paget, performed a lovely dressage to score 40.7 penalties.
Commenting after his dressage, Fox-Pitt said;
“It’s early days as this is my first dressage on Clifton Signature at this level. He is a lovely horse and I think there is more to come from him in this phase. I am very happy with that and it’s great to be here at Barbury”.
Britain holds the first two places, with Oliver Townend riding Note Worthy in second on 42.9 penalties. Just one mark behind on 43.9, is Andrew Nicolson (NZL), the five times consecutive winner of the CIC*** competition at Barbury, riding Swallow Springs.
The St. James’s Place Barbury International Horse Trials continues tomorrow with the CIC*** and CIC** dressage and British Eventing competitions and also continues on Saturday the 8th and Sunday the 9th July.
Dressage results for the three CIC** sections, after Day One, are as follows:
- 1st – Christopher Burton (AUS) and Laytown Boy (37.4)
- 2nd – Emily King (GBR) and Cooley Currency (37.5)
- 3rd – Tim Price (NZL) Cooley Showtime (39.8)
- 1st – Tim Price (NZL) and Xavier Faer (42.3)
- Equal 2nd – Blyth Tait (NZL) and Havanna Vant Castanaeof (42.7)
- Equal 2nd – Emily King (GBR) and Walitze F Vejgard (42.7)
- 4th – Emma McNab (AUS) Brookfield Quality (43.9)
- 1st – Ludwig Svennerstal (SWE) and Box Leo (39.5)
- 2nd – Emma McNab (AUS) and Brookfield Inocent (40.8)
- 3rd – Shea Mackenna (USA) Landisio (41.6)
For full results on all competitions visit: http://bit.ly/2uOwj8S