Paws Off: Understanding why chocolate creates a risk for dogs

Dog eating chocolate - note, not actual chocolate

Humans love chocolate, so, it can be easy to forget how dangerous it can be for dogs. As tempting as it is to sneak the pooch a square of chocolate, especially when they give ‘the puppy eyes’, even a small amount should be avoided to be on the safe side. At best, a toxic amount of chocolate can cause vomiting and diarrhoea, but at worst it can lead to seizures and even be fatal. “Chocolate can be highly toxic for dogs and can cause both short and long term health…

Premium Content

Sorry, this content is for members only. For access to our comprehensive magazine article section of Everything Horse, join our membership for only £2.99 a month. It helps more than you know, and allows us to keep publishing great content, like this, to horse owners and enthusiasts like you.  

Login Join Now

Advertisements

Related posts