The Chronicle of the Horse and Untacked Magazines Win 17 American Horse Publications Awards
The American Horse Publications awards were presented on June 16-18 in Orlando, FL. The Chronicle of the Horse, Untacked, coth.com, and their contributors won 17 awards for excellence in equine journalism.
“We are extremely proud of the entire team at the Chronicle,” said publisher Mark Bellissimo. “They are dedicated to bringing the very best to our readers, and we couldn’t be happier for them to receive this well-deserved recognition.”
In the “personality profile single article” category for its circulation section, The Chronicle of the Horse and Untacked writers swept the awards. In a newly proposed category by the Chronicle, “service to the industry,” they won the top award, and they were also given an honorable mention for overall excellence.
|Lisa Slade’s award-winning article
“The Cult of Calm” in The Chronicle of the Horse.
The awards include:
* 1st service to the horse industry: “The Cult Of Calm” by Lisa Slade, published in the Chronicle
* 1st freelance writer “Urban Legends” by Kelly Sanchez, published in Untacked
* 1st personality profile “All The World’s His Stage” by Marsha Hayes, published in Untacked
* 1st editorial event coverage: “Smith Scores An Emotional Fair Hill CCI*** Win” by Lindsay Berreth, published in the Chronicle
* 2nd personality profile: “Living Legend: Michael Poulin” by Jennifer Calder, published in the Chronicle
* 2nd editorial event coverage: “Dujardin Brings The Crowd To Its Feet In Vegas” by Kimberly Loushin, published in the Chronicle
* 2nd news reporting related feature: “Remarkable Rosie Does It Again At San Juan Capistrano” by Jennifer Keeler, published in the Chronicle.
* 2nd breaking news single article: “Cambridge Dies At Devon Horse Show” by Mollie Bailey, published at coth.com
* 2nd editorial series: columnist Jody Lynne Werner, published at coth.com
* 2nd freelance writer: “How Da Vinci’s Brainchild Became The American Horse” by Tania Evans, published in Untacked
* 3rd service to the horse industry: “On The Hunt For A Couch To Call Their Own” by Erin Harty, published in the Chronicle
* 3rd news reporting related feature: “The Top Two Are 19 Years Young In The Longines FEI World Cup Speed Leg” by Molly Sorge, published at coth.com
* 3rd personality profile: “Undefeated” by Jennifer Calder, published in Untacked
* Honorable mention personality profile: “Chester Weber: Overall Horseman of the Year” by Jennifer Calder, published in the Chronicle
* Honorable mention personality profile “Rita Mae Brown: The Rabble Rouser of Feminism and Foxhunting” by Jennifer Calder, published in the Chronicle
* Honorable mention editorial event coverage: “Jenny Carol Is Conquering The ‘Pony Problem’ ” by Jennifer Keeler in the Chronicle
* Honorable mention general excellence The Chronicle of the Horse
The Chronicle of the Horse is the industry leader in providing news coverage of national and international sport horse competitions. The news is delivered through complete magazine and web coverage and is published 34 times per year. The Chronicle magazine offers unique content that is not found on the coth.com website. The team at the Chronicle, along with publisher Katherine Bellissimo, started Untacked two years ago as a quarterly equestrian lifestyle publication. Since then, due to popularity, it is now a bi-monthly magazine that arrives with a subscription to the Chronicle.
If you’re a fan of the Chronicle and appreciate their commitment to outstanding independent equine journalism, please consider subscribing.