Showjumping nominated entries for Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games announced
British Equestrian and the British Showjumping selectors have confirmed the nine showjumping athlete and horse combinations, plus three reserves, that will be submitted to the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) as our nominated entries for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. Only the combinations who appear on the nominated entries list (closing date 21 June 2021) may be put forward to the British Olympic Association for selection to the Games.
Nominated entries, listed in alphabetical order by athlete surname:
- Scott Brash (34) based in Horsham, West Sussex, with Lady Pauline Harris and Lady Pauline Kirkham’s Hello Jefferson (bay, gelding, 16.1hh, 12yrs, s. Cooper van de Heffink, Breeder: Bernard Mols BEL)
- Harry Charles (22) based in Alton, Hampshire, with Ann Thompson and his own Romeo 88 (bay, gelding, 17hh, 12yrs, Contact van de Heffinck x Orlando, Breeder: Picobello Horses BEL)
- William Funnell (55) based in Dorking, Surrey, with The Billy Stud’s Equine America Billy Diamo (chestnut, gelding, 16.1hh, 11yrs, Cevin Z x Andiamo, Breeders: William Funnell and Donal Barnwell GBR)
- Ben Maher (38) based in Bishop Stortford, Hertfordshire, with Charlotte Rossetter, Pamela Wright and his own Explosion W (chestnut, gelding, 16.1hh, 12yrs, Chacco-Blue x Baloubet de Rouet, Breeder: W Wijnen NED)
- Emily Moffitt (22) based in Evesham, Worcestershire, with Poden Farms and Neil and Heidi Moffitt’s Winning Good (bay, gelding., 16.3hh, 12yrs, Winningmood x Sir Corland, Breeder: WFM van Gestel NED)
- Holly Smith (30) based in Loughborough, Leicestershire, with Ian Dowie’s Denver (bay, gelding, 17.1hh, 13yrs, Albfueheren’s Memphis x Chico’s Boy, Breeder: MG and AA Woertman NED)
- Alexandra Thornton (28) based in Valkenswaard, The Netherlands with Dunwalke Ltd’s Cornetto K (dark bay, gelding, 16.2hh, 15yrs, Cornet Obolensky x Calido, Breeder: Johann Krull NED)
- Ellen Whitaker (35) based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire and Europe, with Norman Oley’s Arena UK Winston (black, gelding, 17hh, 12yrs, s. Waldo van Dungen x Hamilton Tropics, Breeder: Brenda Morelli IRL)
- James Wilson (26) based in Frome, Somerset and Europe, with Heather Larson and Susan Larson’s Imagine de Muze (black, mare, 16.2hh, 13yrs, s. Nabab de Reve x Chin Chin, Breeder: Joris De Brabander BEL)
The following riders have horses as direct reserves for their horses named above:
- Scott Brash – first reserve: Lady Pauline Harris and Lady Pauline Kirkham’s Hello Senator (bay, gelding, 16hh, 12yrs, Carambole x Indoctro, Breeder: Henstra and Henstra NED) and second reserve: Lady Pauline Harris and Lady Pauline Kirkham’s Hello Vincent (bay, gelding, 15.3hh, 12yrs, Consul DL Vie Z x Fergar Mail, Breeder: Raphael Dulin and Annick Dulin Legoupil FRA)
- Harry Charles – first reserve (subject to successfully completing a Minimum Eligibilty Requirement competition): Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein and Peter Charles’ Irenice Horta (grey, mare, 13yrs, Vigo d Arsouilles STX x Diamnent de Semilly, Breeder: Wim Van Rossem BEL)
Selection decisions are subject to the athlete and horse maintaining fitness and performance, and this list may be amended at any point up to 21 June 2021. The selected squad of four combinations to travel to Tokyo, plus reserves, will be announced on 28 June 2021.
Nominated entries for dressage combinations will be announced on or 18 June. Nominated entries for the para dressage squad for the Paralympics in Tokyo will also be published on or around 18 June.
You may also like to read