Victory for Olivia LaGoy- Weltz and Lonoir in the AGDF 8 Grand Prix Special CDI-W
Olivia LaGoy-Weltz (USA) and Lonoir climbed to the top of the leaderboard in Friday’s FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by Peacock Ridge, at the 2017 Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF).
AGDF 8, which runs from March 2-5, features the Palm Beach Dressage Derby CDI-W and FEI Grand Prix Freestyle, presented by Everglades Dressage; FEI Grand Prix and FEI Grand Prix Special, presented by Peacock Ridge, and the FEI Small Tour, presented by Vinceremos Therapeutic Riding Center.
It was a successful day for LaGoy-Weltz and her own Lonoir, a 2004 Danish Warmblood gelding (De Noir x Lorani x Loran), as they captured the title in the FEI Grand Prix Special, presented by Peacock Ridge, with a score of 71.608%.
|Olivia LaGoy-Weltz and Lonoir. Photo Credit: ©SusanJStickle.|
The pair has had a successful week after Friday’s win and Thursday’s second place finish in the FEI Grand Prix CDI-W.
Of her ride, LaGoy-Weltz said, “He was definitely very hot in the warm-up today. He came out really cool, but then we got under the big American Flag flying and it cracked a few times, and after that we were off to the races. I was really pleased with how he settled, because he did get lit up right before we went in but he got his focus back once we were in the ring.
|Olivia LaGoy-Weltz and Lonoir in their winning presentation with Mary Anne McPhail of the Palm Beach Dressage Derby, PJ Rizvi of Peacock Ridge, Cora Causemann of AGDF, and judge Elke Ebert. Photo Credit: ©SusanJStickle.|
“We haven’t done the Grand Prix Special much,” she continued. “We haven’t ridden it since last year really, when we were down here. I think he and I need to run through it a few times just so we know where we can add the power in.”
|Arlene Page and Woodstock. Photo Credit: ©SusanJStickle.|
Arlene Page (USA) and Woodstock, a 2003 KWPN gelding (Havel x Mirania x Contango) owned by Page, were awarded second place in the FEI Grand Prix Special with a score of 70.922%. Third place went to Shelly Francis (USA) and Danilo, a 2004 Hanoverian gelding (De Niro x Annabella x Andiamo) owned by Patricia Stempel, with a 68.980%.
|Shelly Francis and Danilo. Photo Credit: ©SusanJStickle.|
Competition at AGDF will continue tomorrow witha full schedule of classes, including the FEI Intermediaire I CDI 1*, presented by Vinceremos Therapeutic Riding Center, the Palm Beach Dressage Derby Final, presented by Yeguada de Ymas, and FEI Grand Prix Freestyle CDI-W, presented by Everglades Dressage. For more information and to see a full list of results, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by Peacock Ridge
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total %
1. Olivia LaGoy-Weltz (USA), Lonoir, 2004 Danish Warmblood gelding by De Noir x Lorani x Loran, owned by Olivia LaGoy-Weltz: 72.745%, 71.471%, 72.255%, 72.745%, 68.824%, 71.608%
2. Arlene Page (USA), Woodstock, 2003 KWPN gelding by Havel x Mirania x Contango, owned by Arlene Page: 70.686%, 69.902%, 70.588%, 72.843%, 70.588%, 70.922%
3. Shelly Francis (USA), Danilo, 2004 Hanoverian gelding by De Niro x Annabella x Andiamo, owned by Patricia Stempel: 69.216%, 69.412%, 68.725%, 70.490%, 67.059%, 68.980%
4. Beatrice Marienau (USA), Stefano 8, 1999 KWPN gelding by Gribaldi x Gracia x Actueel, owned by Beatrice Marienau: 67.549%, 67.647%, 71.275%, 68.529%, 67.745%, 68.549%
5. Megan Lane (CAN), San d’Or, 2006 Westfalen gelding by Sandro Hit x Pavarottie W x Cocktail, owned by Deer Ridge Equestrian: 68.431%, 69.118%, 68.529%, 66.863%, 66.765%, 67.941%
6. Christoph Koschel (GER), De Value, 2000 Hanoverian gelding by De Niro x Rigoletta x Ritual, owned by Carrie Schopf: 63.431%, 66.078%, 67.157%, 67.745%, 65.588%, 66.000%
7. Devon Kane (USA), Sir Galanto, 2005 Hanoverian stallion by Stedinger x De Niro, owned by Diamante Farms: 60.588%, 62.745%, 67.549%, 63.725%, 65.490%, 64.020%
8. Jami Kment (USA), Zania, 2004 KWPN mare by Sir Sinclair x Melody x Olympic Cocktail, owned by Jami Kment: 60.157%, 64.373%, 63.098%, 64.569%, 61.922%, 62.824%