5 Ways To Handle Bad Beats In Online Poker

Ways On Dealing With Bad Beats
Advertisements

Bad beats are an unfortunate and often unavoidable part of online poker. A bad beat is losing a hand in which you were a heavy favorite to win. For example, if you are holding pocket aces and your opponent has a lower pocket pair, you are approximately 80% favored to win the hand. However, if your opponent hits a set on the flop, they will win the hand, and you will have suffered a bad beat.

Bad beats can be extremely frustrating, but it is essential to remember that they are a natural part of the game. A bad beat can happen to any poker game, such as Texas Holdem, and even to the most experienced and seasoned players. You will likely experience several bad beats in any given online poker session. The key is not to let them get to you and to continue playing your best poker. How you handle a bad beat can make all the difference in your online poker career. This article will give you five tips on dealing with bad beats in online poker.

Ways On Dealing With Bad Beats

While it’s easy to get tilted after a bad beat, it’s essential to stay calm and keep your head in the game. Here are five tips on how to deal with bad beats in poker games online:

1. Understand Equity

One of the most important things you can do to avoid tilting after a bad beat is to have a firm understanding of equity. Equity is the percentage chance that you have of winning a hand. For example, if you are holding pocket aces and your opponent has a lower pocket pair, you have approximately an 80% chance to win the hand. If you understand equity, you will know that even though you were favored to win the hand, there was still a 20% chance that your opponent would win. This factor is important to remember because bad beats happen, and they happen to everyone.

Advertisements

2. Be Process-Oriented

Another way to deal with bad beats is to be process-oriented in your thinking, which means that you should not focus on each hand’s results but on the process you used to make your decisions. For example, if you raised with pocket aces preflop and your opponent called with a lower pocket pair, you made the correct decision. Even though you lost the hand, you did everything right. If you focus on the process, you will be less likely to tilt after a bad beat.

3. Use Bad Beats as an Opportunity to Improve

Bad beats can be used as an opportunity to improve your game. After suffering a bad beat, take some time to analyze what happened and why you lost the hand. Is there something else you can change and do differently? Could you have played the hand better? If you can find a mistake that you made, you can use it as an opportunity to improve your game.

4. Avoid Making Constant Changes

One of the worst things you can do after suffering a bad beat is to make drastic changes to your game. If you start changing everything about how you play, you will likely only confuse yourself and make more mistakes. It is essential to have a solid poker strategy that you are comfortable with and stick to it. After a bad beat, take some time to analyze what happened and why you lost the hand. If you identify a mistake, make a small change to your game to avoid making that mistake again in the future. But don’t make drastic changes to the way you play poker online.

5. Figure Out Your Breaking Points

Everyone has their breaking point regarding online poker. At this point, you can no longer take the frustration and tilt that comes with losing. After suffering a bad beat, take some time to analyze your reaction. Did you start tilting? Did you make mistakes? Figure out what caused you to tilt and try to avoid those situations in the future. Everyone has different breaking points, so it is crucial to figure out what yours are.

Take a break from online poker if you get angry or tilted after a bad beat. Go for a walk, watch a movie, or do something to take your mind off of poker. It is essential to control your emotions while playing online poker.

Bad beats are an unfortunate part of online poker, but they are something that you have to deal with if you want to be successful. By following the tips in this article, you will be better equipped to handle bad beats and avoid tilting. Just remember to stay calm, focus on the process, and use bad beats as an opportunity to improve your game.

There are many online poker sites you can try, and one of the best online poker sites is GGPoker. Visit GGPoker, create an account and start playing poker today!

Related posts