AGDF 8 Begins with More Grand Prix Success for Kasey Perry-Glass and Goerklintgaards Dublet
Week eight commenced on Thursday, March 2, at the 2017 Adequan Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) in Wellington, FL, with a victory for Kasey Perry-Glass (USA) and Goerklintgaards Dublet in the FEI Grand Prix CDI-W, presented by Peacock Ridge.
The week, which runs from March 2-5, features the Palm Beach Dressage Derby CDI-W and FEI Grand Prix Freestyle, presented by Everglades Dressage; FEI Grand Prix and FEI Grand Prix Special, presented by Peacock Ridge, and the FEI Small Tour, presented by Vinceremos Therapeutic Riding Center.
|Kasey Perry-Glass and Goerklintgaards Dublet Photo Credit: ©SusanJStickle|
2016 Olympic bronze medalists Kasey Perry-Glass and Goerklintgaards Dublet, a 2003 Danish Warmblood gelding (Diamond Hit x La Costa x Olympic Ferro) owned by Diane Perry, were the winners today in the FEI Grand Prix CDI-W, presented by Peacock Ridge. They earned an impressive score of 73.420%.
Commenting on her ride, Perry-Glass said, “The trot work was good, and that has been a little tricky for us the last couple of weeks. I feel like we lost a little steam in the canter, which then led to mistakes in the ones and the two-tempis. Overall though, I felt like he was very honest. There is so much room for improvement, and I just need to ride a clean test. That’s going to be my goal for this year.”
Perry-Glass also discussed her upcoming Freestyle this Saturday night.
“I’m really excited,” she said. “I think that the freestyle is something that Dublet and I are really good at, and he feels more comfortable with it. That’s kind of the last ‘hurrah’ before the FEI World Cup Finals, to see if I get to go or not. So I am anxious, but I’ll be happy either way. I would love to go, and I think Dublet would love it too.”
|Olivia LaGoy-Weltz and Lonoir Photo Credit: ©SusanJStickle|
Second place in the FEI Grand Prix CDI-W was awarded to Olivia LaGoy-Weltz (USA) and Lonoir, a 2004 Danish Warmblood gelding (De Noir x Lorani x Loran) owned by LaGoy-Weltz, with a score of 72.920%.
“I was really happy with my ride today,” said LaGoy-Weltz. “It’s the most solid he has felt in there, and he felt more confident.”
|Shelly Francis and Doktor Photo Credit: ©SusanJStickle|
On Lonoir, LaGoy-Weltz continued, “He’s 13 now, and he’s sound and he’s sane and he’s fit. These are his golden years.”
Third place went to Shelly Francis (USA) and Doktor, a 2003 Oldenburg gelding (Diamond Hit x Gurena x Renoir I) owned by Patricia Stempel, with a 71.920%. Francis also competed mount Danilo, a 2004 Hanoverian gelding (De Niro x Annabella x Andiamo) owned by Stempel, to a sixth-place finish with a score of 70.440%.
|Kasey Perry-Glass and Goerklintgaards Dublet in their presentation ceremony with judge Anne Gribbons (USA), P.J. Rizvi of Peacock Ridge, Mary Anne McPhail of the Palm Beach Dressage Derby, Allyn Mann of Adequan®, FEI Steward Walter Bagley, and Cora Causemann of AGDF. Photo Credit: ©SusanJStickle|
Earlier in the day, Jennifer Baumert (USA) and Handsome, a 2005 Hanoverian gelding (Hochadel x Wyona x Weltmeyer) owned by Elizabeth Juliano, topped the FEI Prix St. Georges CDI 1*, sponsored by Vinceremos Therapeutic Riding Center, with a score of 71.228%. Second place went to Tinne Vilhelmson Silfven (SWE) and Esperance, a 2009 KWPN gelding (Sorento x Violita x Rosseau) owned by Lövsta Stuteri, with a 71.096%. Adrienne Lyle (USA) and Harmony’s Duvall, a 2009 gelding (Rosseau x Riverman) owned by Kylee Laurie, took third place with a score of 68.289%.
Competition at AGDF will continue today with a full schedule of classes, including the FEI Derby Prix St. Georges exhibition class, presented by Yeguada de Ymas, and the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by Peacock Ridge. For more information and to see a full list of results, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Grand Prix CDI-W, presented by Peacock Ridge
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total %
1. Kasey Perry-Glass (USA), Goerklintgaards Dublet, 2003 Danish Warmblood gelding by Diamond Hit x La Costa x Olympic Ferro, owned by Diane Perry: 71.900%, 73.200%, 73.700%, 75.200%, 73.100%, 73.420%
2. Olivia LaGoy-Weltz (USA), Lonoir, 2004 Danish Warmblood gelding by De Noir x Lorani x Loran, owned by Olivia LaGoy-Weltz: 71.800%, 74.100%, 72.700%, 72.200%, 73.800%, 72.920%
3. Shelly Francis (USA), Doktor, 2003 Oldenburg gelding by Diamond Hit x Gurena x Renoir I, owned by Patricia Stempel: 69.700%, 72.500%, 73.000%, 71.400%, 73.000%, 71.920%
4. Chase Hickok (USA), Sagacious HF, 1999 KWPN gelding by Welt Hit II x Judith x Cocktail, owned by Hyperion Farm Inc: 70.400%, 72.200%, 72.500%, 71.900%, 70.400%, 71.480%
5. Arlene Page (USA), Woodstock, KWPN gelding by Havel x Mirania x Contango, owned by Arlene Page: 69.700%, 72.600%, 69.300%, 71.900%, 73.600%, 71.420%
6. Shelly Francis (USA), Danilo, 2004 Hanoverian gelding by De Niro x Annabella x Andiamo, owned by Patricia Stempel: 69.800%, 71.400%, 69.900%, 68.700%, 72.400%, 70.440%
7. Megan Lane (CAN), San Dor, 2006 Westfalen gelding by Sandro Hit x Pavarottie W x Cocktail, owned by Deer Ridge Equestrian: 68.300%, 69.900%, 68.100%, 69.500%, 71.400%, 69.440%
8. Jill Irving (CAN), Degas 12, 2002 Hanoverian gelding by De Niro x Rosana M x Regazonni, owned by Jill Irving: 68.500%, 70.600%, 68.500%, 68.600%, 70.200%, 69.280%