10 Top ‘Things’ to Expect When Taking on a Horse
Call us mad, call us crazy, call us what you want, we don’t care! Want to join our club?? take a look at these top tips…
- Prepare to be too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer
- Put the sandals and flip flops away this summer and replace with a pair of wellies, you’ll be needing them
- STOP thinking about that mid year holiday, it’s not going to happen
- Best stick with your old motor as a new one would get absolutely ‘trashed’ riding down the yard pathway twice a day ….. every day!
- The feed store is your new ASDA, don’t expect much change from £50 each visit
- Unless your partner is horsey, you’ve had it; best to split with them now as you no longer have time to ‘date’ or spend time with your other half
- You will no longer be clean! From now on mud, broken nails and straw are to be expected daily
- Your going to be late for work from now on, period (best warn the boss)
- On that note, expect to be out the house for a good 12 hours a day as your new daily routine means lots of stable yard time!!
- Prepare for daily battle with you 450 – 550kg warrior you call your horse
Still want to join our club, we bet you do 🙂 Enjoy! We love it really